IF you or a loved one HAS to go to the hospital here are some suggestions to make sure you or they come home alive!!
1) Journal!!! write down what happens everyday no matter how insignificant you think it may seem. Using a laptop or tablet is useful.
2) Ask questions!! No matter how stupid you think they may be.
3) Take a laptop or tablet with you so you can do research on medications, procedures etc.
4) Find a good Pharmacist that you can contact to ask questions about drugs and their interactions with other meds. (they know this better than the doctors)
5) Ask about EVERYTHING that is being done to you or your loved one....every pill, every shot, every drip .....EVERYTHING!!! This is the patients right to know so do not be intimidated by the nurses or white coats!!! They are no better than you are just because they have letters behind their names. Family knows their loved one better than any doctor or nurse.
6) IF you have ANY reason to think something is not right about your loved ones death....get an autopsy!!! We did not do this and certainly wish we had done so.